Ombre powder brows is a specific technique used to create a soft pixelated eyebrow look; best described as the “I woke up like this” look. They are created using a permanent makeup machine and permanent makeup ink.
We use a lidocaine-based numbing cream to numb your brows at the beginning of the tattooing process as well as throughout the procedure. On a scale of 1-10, the most level of pain you “should” feel is 2 or 3. However every person’s body is different and can experience different levels of pain.
With our technique and based on your skin type, these brows can last you 2-3 years with proper maintenance. Every person’s skin-type is so very different! The more oily and porous your skin is, the more active lifestyle you have, the faster your color will fade. This is why we recommend yearly touch-ups to keep your brows fresh and full of color.
You are ineligible for brow services if:
- you are pregnant (Exceptions to clients with a doctor’s note and consent)
- breast feeding (Exceptions to clients with a doctor’s note and consent)
- have diabetes
- are prone to Keloid scarring
- have glaucoma
- have skin diseases
- have keloid disorder
- have HIV/Hepatitis/viral infections/diseases
- have skin cancer
- you’re receiving cancer treatments (will need your doctors clearance post chemo/radiation treatments)
- have used accutane in the last 12 mos
- you have Skin irritations, rashes, sunburn, moles, Eczema or Psoriasis near the eyebrow area
- you’re under the age of 18, even with parental consent
- have pacemaker or major heart complications
Your brow procedure will take between 3.5-4.5 hours.
Your brows will be going through a healing process so expect your brows to scab, peel, secrete fluids and even lose your color completely! But don’t worry, the color will be back; it’s a process! You’ll have great brows when the scary stuff is all over!
Yes! Microshading is a 2-step process. It’s nearly impossible to tell if your brows will fade lighter in some spots or not. It depends on your skin and how well you follow the aftercare directions. Additionally, once your brows are healed, you’ll be able to decide if you want to go slightly darker with your brows or even make slight changes to their shape.
And Lastly, pigment retention cannot be guaranteed. This session allows us to go over any areas that need a little extra attention. I would highly recommend it, as PMU generally takes 2 sessions to complete the look.
You will need to receive your touch-up 6 weeks post initial procedure.
The consultation is done the same day of your appointment. Before beginning, you will fill out all disclosure and intake forms and after I will take before pictures of your face/brows. We will discuss expectations, shapes you were considering, questions you may have and then I will proceed to let my hands do the magic!
After we agree on a shape that you LOVE, we will begin the tattooing procedure.
For best results, here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure:
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before the procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face/skin
- Do not have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have botox 3 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee or any caffeine before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
- Do not smoke the day of your procedure
Coverups and color corrections are possible in some cases. It can be a great solution and relief however not all previous work can be fixed or covered. Previous work can be very complicated, time consuming and results are NOT guaranteed.
The average eyebrow tattoo cover-up/correction usually require two or more sessions (4-12 weeks apart). Most correction brows require clients patience and dedication. Due to the amount of time and work needed to repair bad permanent makeup tattoo the cost and number of sessions cannot be predetermined.
If you have any previous work done by another artist, you MUST get my approval before booking. Please send three (3) clear photos of your full face and eyebrows with no makeup on them, unfiltered, and in natural lighting to: firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Front facing profile
- Right side 3/4 turn
- Left side 3/4 turn
If you book an appointment without approval or disclosing previous cosmetic tattoo work, your deposit will be forfeited and your appointment cancelled.